School Messenger Instructions
Monroe Public Schools now uses the SchoolMessenger Notification System to provide timely communication to parents on matters such as attendance, general interest activities and campus or district-wide emergencies. SchoolMessenger Notifications have replaced ListServ. In order to enhance our ability to accurately deliver that information we request that you create your own contact preference profile using SchoolMessenger's Contact Manager web site.
The Contact Manager feature allows you to control ways in which you prefer to be contacted. It also works like a mailbox, giving you a place to review messages you may have missed.
In order to utilize this feature, simply follow the steps below to create an account through the secure Contact Manager web site provided by SchoolMessenger.
Steps for setting up your account:
1. Enter the following URL in your web browser: https://contactme.schoolmessenger.com/
2. Click the Sign Up Now link near the bottom of the page.
3. You will be taken to the Sign Up page where you will need to enter a valid email address, a password, your name, and zip code. You'll use your email address and the password you enter here to sign in later. Check Email me when I have a new phone message if you would like to receive an email message each time there is a new message in your mailbox. Click Create Account when you are done.
4. Check your email. There will be an Account Activation email from firstname.lastname@example.org which contains a link to activate your account. This link will take you to a confirmation page where you must enter your password in order to activate your account.
5. Once you've activated your account, you're ready to add your child to your account. Click the link on the main page and add your child's Student ID and Activation Code.
You can get your child's student ID from your child's school's main office.
6. When you have finished adding your child to your account, navigate to the Contacts tab and click the edit link to the right of your child's name. There you can simply check which types of messages you would like to receive and at which phone number or email address. Make sure to click Save when you are done making changes.
If you have other children attending school in this district, you will be able to add them all to the same Contact Manager account as soon as you receive their Student ID and Activation Code from their school.
To learn more about SchoolMessenger, please visit their web site at www.schoolmessenger.com